Thursday, April 25, 2013

Candlelight Vigil Coming

I'll tell you what.
If one year has 525,600 minutes, I've spent almost 525,600 minutes missing Brandy.
(Cut to "Seasons of Love" from the Rent soundtrack.)
Carrie and I got the word out now about the candlelight vigil for Brandy at the memorial bench on May 17th, 2013, at 8pm. Sunset is supposed to be around 8:36 I think, so this way we will have time to share our stories and talk for a while before we light our candles.
We attended a candlelight vigil last year shortly after Brandy passed. It felt absolutely void. I remember taking this picture. What a horrible feeling. Her family (let alone her!) should not have to be going through this.
It feels like it's been seven thousand years since it happened.
Seven thousand years since I went out to the address her best friend gave to me, hoping like hell I'd see Brandy's car somewhere on the side of the road. Flat tire, maybe. Maybe she had walked to a gas station. Maybe her diabetes had gotten the best of her and she passed out.
7,000 years since those dirt roads sent me home, emotionally lost.
Then going door to door with signs in Meadville, "Have you seen Brandy Rosine?" Please, god, please tell me you've seen our friend. Her daughter. Cousin. Granddaugther. Niece.
If I could go back to that night I was searching for her car, I would... I would be the only one in jail right now. Feeling slightly more justified.
Investigation Discovery is planning filming for an episode covering Brandy's story. I hope that through the show they produce, at least one person will learn something. Will think twice about who he or she trusts. The trial still is seemingly far away... but no legalities matter to me at this point. It could go to trial in September, we'll see.
Poster
I do look forward to being surrounded by her friends and family next month. That's how humans survive, that's as basic as it gets.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment